Monday, July 12, 2010

Attention Hog

The living room gets most of my attention these days. My to do list for the room grows every day. I've learned that going from 980 sq. ft (our old apartment) to 1,800 sq. ft. (our house) means you need a lot more stuff to fill the rooms! Here are some pictures and details about our living room:


Above is a view of our living room from the entryway. The "art" on the wall above the fireplace isn't actually art at all (although a few people have said they thought it was our attempt at modern art)-- it's paint samples. I think we are going to go with the dark blueish teal color in the center for the wall with the fireplace on it and a nice creamy white for the other three walls. This picture doesn't show the color of the paint well so here is a picture of the paint chip- Aqua Dance by Valspar------------>
Unfortunately our whole house was painted this very yellow-ey orange-ish neutral. Not something I would've picked because it gives everything a slight yellow tinge (which is very evident in photos). But oh well, we'll be repainting all of the rooms soon anyways.

By the way, if you're wondering about the blurry figure in the picture... don't worry it's not a ghost and our house isn't haunted, it's just my best friend.


If you are sitting on the couch this would be your view. We plan to mount the TV and do a few other things to this wall. Including removing/replacing the huge alarm system box on the wall to the left of the bookcases. It is big, ugly, and looks like it was made around the time of the first computer!

Well that's about it for this post. I'll share a few more details on this room later this week. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the new layout. Looks like you are getting the hang of the whole "blogging" thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brittney, you're my first comment-er! Yay! I'm trying to get the hang of this... so far, so good! : )

    ~Rach

    ReplyDelete